Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Story

Two years ago we split up. It wasn't working. After being together four years and married for one we hit a wall. Neither of us was happy - I'm still not sure why. It wasn't like I didn't love her; I loved her more than ever. We just couldn't make it work. To be honest, we didn't really try. We never talked about the problems we were having, choosing instead to resent the other for our own unhappiness.

I moved into a hotel. I spent the first couple of weeks sitting around feeling sorry for myself. Within a month and a half we were back together and happy. But we never really fixed our problems, and soon after reverted back to our old behaviors. Over the past six months or so things have definitely deteriorated; which I still don't understand.

We take each other for granted - especially me. I really don't mean to, and it seems ludicrous now. How could I take this woman for granted? The love of my life, the mother of my child. I treat her poorly in general. I don't sleep much and get crabby as a result. The sad part is that I take it out on Melissa and our son. I get angry over small things - not raving lunatic angry, but angry none the less. It isn't fair to take out problems on the ones you love. Typing it makes it sound so simple, yet somehow I failed to grasp this when it mattered most.

Two weeks ago Melissa told me we were done. That she doesn't love me romantically anymore. Can't say that I blame her. HOW COULD I LET THIS HAPPEN? I don't make very much money, and we don't own a house. But still, I had everything I wanted; beautiful wife and child.

So here I sit. I am determined to win my Melissa back. And this time I will treat her like she deserves to be treated. I want to spend the rest of my life making her happy.

Baby, I love you.

No comments: