Funny how it's the small things we miss the most. I mean, I miss her being here and being able to hug and kiss her, but the things I think of are the little things that make me love her.
I miss how she stands on her toes while trying on clothes.
I miss how she opens a can of soda - just barely a crack.
I miss the fact that when drunk she loves country music.
Or the sound her feet make when she rubs them together in bed.
I miss her laugh and the softness of her cheeks.
The noise she makes when she sees a kitten.
These are the things I choose to remember. We had a lot of good times together, and our share of bad, but when I think of the little things it never fails to bring a smile to my face.
I urge you to cherish the quirks that make you love those who mean the most to you. For it is these things that truly matter most when that love is gone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment